What do I need to provide for my helper?
MOM have guidelines and rules for what employers need to provide for their helpers that can be found here.
To summarize, your helper must be provided with:
- Adequate shelter
- Basic amenities: a mattress, pillow, blanket and bathroom amenities.
- Sufficient ventilation
- Your helper should be safe
- You should provide your helper with a separate room. If that is not possible, you should ensure that the accommodation has adequate space and privacy - your helper must not sleep in the same room as a male adult or teenager
- Your helper is entitled to one rest day per week
- Your helper must be adequately fed and have 3 meals a day